Do you know what were the most stolen cars in 2013? Discover what vehicles car thieves favored and you may actually be surprised by the results.
The National Insurance Crime Bureau have released a list of the most stolen cars from 2013 and contrary to hollywood movies thieves seem to prefer mundane cars.
1. Honda Accord – 53,995 Stolen
[SEE ALSO – Top Ten Most Ugliest Cars Ever Created]
2. Honda Civic – 45,001 Stolen
3. Chevrolet Silverado Pickup – 27,809 Stolen
4. Ford F-150 Pickup – 26,494 Stolen
5. Toyota Camry – 14,420 Stolen
6. Dodge/Ram Pickup – 11,347 Stolen
7. Dodge Caravan – 10,911 Stolen
8. Jeep Grand Cherokee – 9,272 Stolen
9. Toyota Corolla – 9,010 Stolen
10. Nissan Altima – 8,892 Stolen
Despite these results it wasn’t a bad year as only 700,000 cars were stolen compared to 721,000 from the previous year. In fact car thefts have been on a steady decline over the years. The NICB claims that this is due to improved car security technology, police work, and insurance investigations.
Take a look at the list below to compare the previous year’s car theft results.
1. Nissan Altima
2. Ford Fusion
3. Ford Pickup
4. Toyota Corolla
5. Chevrolet Impala
6. Hyundai Elantra
7. Dodge Charger
8. Chevrolet Malibu
9. Chevrolet Cruze
10. Ford Focus
Would this top 10 most stolen cars list help you decide on your next car?
Article Source – Forbes
More Auto Related Stories You may Like:
– 10 Of The Most Outrageous Dashboards In Cars
– Top 10 Most Expensive Sports Cars Owned By Celebrities
– Ten Motoring Inventions That Have Come And Gone