Try a vacation a bit different this year and venture onto one of these top ten breathtaking rides.
10. Sylvenstein Bridge – Upper Bavaria, Germany
For picturesque views to take your breath away you must take a ride across the Sylvenstein bridge. It runs across the Sylvenstein lake and is located in the Karwendel Alps. Tourists flock here every year for cycling, hiking or just a quiet drive along the Isar valley.
9. The Dark Hedges – Northern Ireland
This fairy tale style road was created by a family whom planted the trees back in the 18th century. The family wanted to create an unforgettable ride and they achieved it.
8. Maeklong Railway – Samutsongkram, Thailand
This train ride has become very popular among tourists. Not just for the Thailand scenery but to witness the market that takes place on the train tracks. Due to a lack of space in the city, sellers set up stalls on the railway line and have to quickly remove their goods every time a train passes.
7. Bixby Bridge – Big Sur, California, USA
If ever you are in Big Sur, California you have to take a ride across the Bixby Bridge. It was built back in 1932 and stretches over 98 m (320 ft) deep abyss. It offers amazing views of the landscape as well as the big blue sea.
6. Serra Verde Express – Parana, Brazil
The Serra Verde Express is a three journey from Paranagua to Curitiba. This train transports over 150 000 travelers a year which are mostly tourists wanting to take in the breathtaking views of Brazil.
5. The Seven Mile Bridge – Florida, USA
The famous seven mile bridge stretches over the blue Florida sea and connects Knight’s Key to Little Duck Key. This ride has amazing views of the sea but you don’t want to be crossing it during the hurricane season.
4. Lake Shore Drive – Chicago, USA
Another great place for taking a cruise in the States is on Lake Shore Drive. This 25 km (16 mile) road offers stunning views of one of America’s biggest lakes as well as one of it’s biggest cities.
3. The Jacobite – Scottish Highlands, Scotland
This steam train ride starts at Fort William and finishes at Mallaig. It offers breathtaking views of the Scottish Highlands and is also the train and track that Harry Potter and his friends used to reach Hogwarts.
2. The Atlantic Ocean Road – Norway
The Atlantic Ocean Road has become a National Tourist Route and is an amazing display of engineering. The 8.3 km (5.2 mile) road has unforgettable picturesque views of the Norwegian Sea. During the winter months huge waves crash on to the road which brings in thousands of adventure tourists.
1. Rhaetian Railway – Switzerland
Taking a trip on the Rhaetian railway is an unforgettable experience. You will be in awe at the breathtaking alpine landscapes, high bridges and picturesque views.
Article Source: Places to See In Your Lifetime
OTHER RELATED POSTS YOU MAY LIKE:
– 10 Japanese Gardens You Would Love To Chill Out In
– Top Ten Best Motorcycle and Car Roads In The World
– 10 Breathtaking Places Around The World You Must Visit Before You Die
– Top 10 Most Stunning Waterfalls From Around The World