If you are a father bringing up a daughter then here are some useful tips. While following these dad rules won’t guarantee anything they may give you the best possible chance for you and your daughter to have a loving relationship.
Read through our tips and if you know of any others please share them with us in the comments section.
1. Love Her Mom
Treat her mother with respect, honor, and a big heaping spoonful of public displays of affection. When she grows up, the odds are good she’ll fall in love with and marry someone who treats her much like you treated her mother. Good or bad, that’s just the way it is. I’d prefer good.
- [SEE ALSO – Recent Study Reveals Why Women Like To Date Bad Boys]
2. Always Be There
Quality time doesn’t happen without quantity time. Hang out together for no other reason than just to be in each other’s presence. Be genuinely interested in the things that interest her. She needs her dad to be involved in her life at every stage. Don’t just sit idly by while she adds years to her and life to her years.
3. Save The Day
She’ll grow up looking for a hero. It might as well be you. She’ll need you to come through for her over and over again throughout her life. Rise to the occasion. Red cape and blue tights optional.
4. Savor Every Moment You Have Together
Today she’s crawling around the house in diapers, tomorrow you’re handing her the keys to the car, and before you know it, you’re walking her down the aisle. Some day soon, hanging out with her old man won’t be the bees knees anymore. Life happens pretty fast. You better cherish it while you can.
5. Pray For Her
Regularly, Passionately and Continually
6. Remember, Just Like A Butterfly, She Too Will Spread Her Wings And Fly Some Day
So enjoy her caterpillar years while you can.
7. She Will Fight With Her Mother
Make sure you choose sides wisely.
8. Go Ahead, Buy Her Those Pearls
She’ll look gorgeous wearing them.
9. Play Peek-a-boo
Of course you will look silly playing peek-a-boo but you should play it anyway.
10. Enjoy The Wonder Of Bath Time
Because after a few years you’ll start to miss it.
11. There Will Come A Day When She Asks For A Puppy
Don’t over think it, at least one time in her life, just say, “Yes.”
12. It’s Never Too Early To Start Teaching Her About Money
She will still probably suck you dry as a teenager… and on her wedding day.
13. Make Pancakes In The Shape Of Her Age For Breakfast On Her Birthday
In a pinch, donuts with pink sprinkles and a candle will suffice.
14. Buy Her A Pair Of sneakers As Soon As She Starts Walking
She won’t always want to wear matching shoes with her old man.
15. Dance With Her
Start when she’s a little girl or even when she’s a baby. Don’t wait ‘til her wedding day.
16. Take Her Fishing
She will probably squirm more than the worm on your hook but that’s OK, she’ll probably remember the day for the rest of her life too.
17. Learn To Say No
She may pitch a fit today, but someday you’ll both be glad you stuck to your guns.
18. Tell Her She’s Beautiful
Say it over and over again. Someday an animated movie or “beauty” magazine will try to convince her otherwise.
19. Teach Her To Change A Flat Tire
A tire without air need not be a major panic inducing event in her life. She’ll still call you crying the first time it happens.
20. Take Her Camping
Immerse her in the great outdoors. Watch her eyes fill with wonder the first time she sees the beauty of wide open spaces. Leave the iPod at home.
- [DON’T MISS – Creepy Things Kids Say ]
21. Let Her Hold The Wheel
She will always remember when daddy let her drive.
22. She’s As Smart As Any Boy, If Not Smarter
Make sure she knows that.
23. Be Prepared For When She Learns To Give Kisses
She will want to plant them all over your face.
24. Ice Cream Covers Over A Multitude Of Sins
Best to know her favorite flavor.
25. Letting Her Ride On Your Shoulders Is Pure Magic
Do it now while you have a strong back and she’s still tiny.
26. It Is In Her Nature To Make Music
It’s up to you to guide her to the right tune.
27. If There’s A Water Park Or Swimming Pool Near Your Home, Take Her There Often
She will take to it like a duck to water.
28. She Will Eagerly Await Your Return Home From Work
Try not to disappoint her by being late.
29. If she Jumps In A Pool Get In Too
Don’t be intimidated if there are no other dads there. It’s their loss.
30. Never Miss Her Birthday
In ten years she won’t remember the present you gave her but she will remember if you weren’t there.
31. Teach Her To skate
Watch her confidence soar.
32. Let Her Roll Around In The Grass
It’s good for her soul. It’s not bad for yours either.
33. Take Her Clothes Shopping
Don’t be afraid to veto some of her choices, but resist the urge to buy her full-body clothes.
34. Between Ages Three And six She Will Probably Ask You To Marry Her
Let her down gently.
35. She’ll Want To Crawl In Bed With You After A Nightmare
This is a good thing.
36. Few Things In Life Are More Comforting To A Crying Little Girl Than Her Father’s Hand
Never forget this.
37. Introduce Her To The Swings At Your Local Park
She’ll shout for you to push her higher and faster. Her definition of “higher and faster” is probably not the same as yours. Keep that in mind.
38. When She’s Older, Your Definition Of Higher And Faster Will Be A Lot Closer To Hers
When that day comes, go ahead… give it all you’ve got.
39. Holding Her Upside Down By The Legs While She Laughs And Screams Uncontrollably Is Great For Your Biceps
WARNING: She has no concept of muscle fatigue.
40. She Might Ask You To Buy Her A Pony For Her Birthday
Unless you live on a farm, do not buy her a pony on her birthday. It’s OK to rent one though.
41. When In Doubt, Trust Your Heart
She already does.
42. Let Her Know She Can Always Come Home
No matter what.
43. Learn to trust her
Gradually give her more freedom as she gets older. She will rise to the expectations you set for her.
44. When your teenage daughter is upset, learning when to engage and when to back off will add years to YOUR life
If you succeed in doing this, please tell us how.
45. This day is coming soon
There’s nothing you can do to be ready for it. The sooner you accept this fact, the easier it will be.
Today she’s walking down the driveway to get on the school bus. Tomorrow she’s going off to college. Don’t blink or you’ll miss it.
Do you know of any other Dad rules or tips?
- [BONUS ARTICLE – Have A Baby With A Celeb – UK Clinic Selling Celebrity Sperm For $25,000]