The natural habitat of guinea pigs is the mountains of South America, where they have adapted themselves according to the tough climate of South America.
They are herbivores, i.e., they rely on plant- and plant-based food. Your guinea pigs need high-quality hay, available as palleted food explicitly made for guinea pigs. Fresh vegetables should also be in their diets to keep them fit. Imbalanced nutrition can lead them to chronic malnutrition diseases. Chronic diarrhea, obesity, and dental diseases can also occur in them. The pig may also be at risk of chronic gastrointestinal disorders.
What do guinea pigs eat?
Fresh Fruits and vegetables should be given to your pig pet. bulk guinea pig food is available in the wholesale markets. You can choose from them and set a diet schedule for your pet.
Fruits that should be given to your pigs are mentioned below:
· Bell peppers
These give good health to your pig. One of the most important things that need to be considered during their nutrition is that pigs overeat if you give them a chance. You must train them or should snatch after a certain amount. You must be careful in this regard because they can be at risk of diarrhea due to bulk guinea pig food.
Fruits that should not be given to them are mentioned below:
· Bok choy
· Corn Kernel
· Dairy products
· Iceberg lettuce
The bulk guinea pig food, which is good for pigs, is cracked into the following:
The essential part of bulk guinea pig food is Hay. It is also the pigs’ favorite food and must be available at all times. Hay contains fiber which is essential for the health of the pig. Growing the teeth of the pig will be healthy because of the chewing of the hay. You must provide them with fresh, clean, high-quality hay that must smell good. It will attract your pet to hay.
Bulk guinea pig food must contain palettes as they contain essential nutrients—Vitamin C, proteins, etc. Mammals cannot make vitamin C in their bodies. So are the pigs. They cannot
make vitamin C in their bodies, so they need to get it from palettes and supplements. Choose a good palleted food that formulates a high quality of vitamins and other essentials. Must read instructions of the food to give them quality food.
The following vegetables must be in the bulk guinea pig food.
· Romaine lettuce (never use iceberg lettuce because it contains all water with zero nutrients).
· Green, red, yellow, or orange bell peppers are a great source of Vitamin C.
· Carrots and carrot tops contain high carbohydrates.
· Broccoli (source of vitamin C).
· Spinach should be used in a limited amount as it contains calcium and causes bladder stones.
· Artichokes are also rich in nutrients.
· Kale should be in limited amounts because it contains calcium and can cause bladder stones.
· Tomatoes should be part of bulk guinea pig food, but stems and leaves should be removed.
· Squash is also rich in nutrients.
Bulk guinea pig food should be rich in nutrients. Follow the above instructions for food while setting up the diet.