For super healthy, silky strands, you need a healthy scalp. Period. But these days, our continuous exposure to environmental pollution, unhealthy food habits, relentless stress, and residue from hair styling products, harsh chemicals from hair dyes are causing severe damages to our scalp and hair.
A significant number of people suffer from various scalp disorders. If not treated early and adequately, scalp disorders can create a royal mess. Scalp disorders such as seborrheic dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, dandruff, etc., can give you emotional stress and make you feel awkward in social circles. If your scalp is chronically itchy and if you notice unexplained hair loss, it is wise to take medical consultation.
Common Symptoms of Scalp Disorders
Following are some of the telltale symptoms that your scalp may need medical attention:
• Continuous itchiness
• Excessive hair fall
• Dry, flaky, red, and inflamed patches
• Silvery or white scales on the scalp
A session with a dermatologist will help to identify scalp problems and how to address these problems. Scalp psoriasis is a common problem with annoying itchiness and red, scaly, thick scalp patches. Psoriasis is an autoimmune chronic skin disorder that needs medical care. Though stubborn, it is treatable, and psoriasis patients can get relief from scratching and flaking by using doctor-recommended products. However, some over-the-counter shampoos and conditioners have effective in treating dryness, itching, and flaking.
If you are diagnosed with scalp psoriasis, the following products may help get relief:
• Shampoos with salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is an effective peeling agent and helps to soften thick scales on the scalp, making it easier to remove the scalp scales without damaging the scalp. If you are battling to get rid of those pesky flakes or thick scales, consider buying a shampoo that contains salicylic acid.
• Dead Sea shampoo and conditioners are popular OTC products with proven effectiveness in reducing itchiness and flakes associated with many scalp disorders. Dead Sea shampoos contain the goodness of numerous therapeutic minerals found in abundance in Dead Sea mud and water. The best Dead Sea shampoo and conditioners keep the scalp hydrated. They are free of harmful chemicals found in ordinary shampoos and do not irritate the scalp. Scientific studies indicate that a high concentration of beneficial nutrients and minerals in Dead Sea salts may considerably promote hair and skin health.
• Shampoos with tea tree oil and mint may soothe a dry, itchy scalp.
Your scalp can get extremely dry for the following reasons:
• Stress – Extreme stress level increases cortisol secretion in our body. A high level of cortisol affects scalp and hair health.
• Using harsh chemical-laden products for hairstyling: Next time you visit a salon, ask them to use non-toxic, hair-health-friendly products only. Before applying styling gel, shampoo, dye, hair straighteners, and other hair styling products, read the labels. Ditch any hair products that contain sulfates, paraphenylenediamine, propylene glycol, and formaldehyde derivatives. Using high-quality organic Dead Sea shampoo and conditioners to nourish your damaged, brittle hair and dry-as-desert scalp will be a good idea. Dead Sea hair care products are gentle on the scalp and hair and effectively removes dirt, oil, or build-ups.
How to nourish a stressed-out scalp?
• By eating healthy – Consume fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and detox regularly to nourish your entire body.
• By using gentle, natural hair care products – Natural hair care products are free of sulphate, parabens, and phthalates and are the best option for restoring hair health. Regular application of Dead Sea natural hair care products can significantly improve scalp conditions.
However, you should consider consulting a dermatologist if you suspect a scalp disorder. Using random hair nourishing products from Google search recommendations may damage your scalp and aggravate your condition.