When booking flights where do you usually like to sit. We recommend the window seat and here are 26 reasons why. For starters you can lean on the window if you want to sleep, and you never have to get up for someone else! But it’s what’s outside of that window that is most compelling.
1. You might see Chicago’s skyline reflected in Lake Michigan
Photograph by MARK HERSCH
Chicago Reflected in Lake Michigan from an Airplane by Mark Hersch
[SEE ALSO – Top Ten Scariest Airport Runways In The World]
2. You could see a rainstorm like this off in the distance
Photograph by HALEY LUNA
Distant storm cloud seen from airplane window.
3. Because a solar eclipse at 44,000 ft is pretty cool
Photograph by Ben Cooper
Solar eclipse from an airplane Ben Cooper
4. And seeing the highest point in Africa will take your breath away
Photograph by KYLE MIJLOF
5. For the sunrises
Photograph by FLORIAN SEIFFERT
6. And the sunsets
Photograph by NEIL HOWARD
7. And the waterfalls you’ll never see from the aisle
Photograph by CODY H. on Flickr
Kaieteur Falls, Guayana from an airplane.
8. You could witness a forest fire
Photograph by Richard Skoonberg
Big Sur, California.
9. And finally understand why everyone thinks Norway is so beautiful
Photograph by MARIUSZ KLUZNIAK
Norwwegian coast from an airplane aerial from above.
10. You could ride an endless sea of clouds
Photograph by MARK STEVENS
Sea of clouds from an airplane.
11. And appreciate the expanse of a mountain range
Photograph by MARIUSZ KLUZNIAK
The Pyrenees mountain range from above aerial airplane view.
12. Maybe you’ll see your first frozen lake
Photograph by ALAN WOLF
Lake Mendota frozen from an airplane aerial view from above.
13. Or a city enveloped in fog
Photograph by CHRIS on Flickr
Warsaw, Poland covered in fog from an airplane.
14. Cities at night can be mesmerizing too
Photograph by Tom Anderson
Los Angeles, USA
15. And you can see history in an entirely different light
Photograph by killerturnip on Flickr
Prambanan Temple aerial from an airplane.
16. You can laugh at clouds because they look like cotton balls
Photograph by FRANCISCO MARTINS
17. Or perhaps, see your first volcano
Photograph by JON SULLIVAN
Mount Taranaki volcano from an airplane.
18. You can find a river through a sea of clouds
Photograph by JONATHAN NIGHTINGALE
19. And nothing beats the view of a city from above
Photograph by LINH NGUYEN
New York City, USA.
20. The same can be said for mountains like Fuji
Photograph by mloge on Flickr
Mount Fuji from an airplane above the clouds.
21. And Mount Rainier
Photograph by MICHAEL MATTI
22. Forget outside! Even the windows themselves can be interesting
Photograph by PEDRO MOURA PINHEIRO
Frost on an airplane window close up.
23. And there’s always time for another sunset
Photograph by Oblivious Dude on Flickr
24. Now that’s amore
Photograph by KIMG SENG on Flickr
The moon from an airplane
25. It gives you a chance to say a final goodbye to the place you just left
Photograph by TOM ANDERSON
Philippines from above in an airplane.
26. And last but not least…
Beverage carts and passengers won’t bump into you on their way by!
Photograph by RYAN DESIDERIO