For a step into the future, past or just a romantic stroll we recommend these ten picturesque streets for an amazing experience.
1. Arashiyama Bamboo Grove – Kyoto, Japan
This bamboo grove is a major tourist attraction in Japan and offers visitors a quiet and relaxing walk through a forest like nothing you have seen before.
2. The Dark Hedges – Northern Ireland
The eerie trees in this street were planted back in the 18th century and have grown into this amazing display of nature. While it may appear a romantic place during the day it becomes spooky at night.
3. Heerstrasse – Bonn, Germany
Every year in spring this German street becomes an explosion of pink as the Cherry trees bloom. Day or night this street is stunning to walk down.
4. Yvoire – Rhone-Alpes, France
Yvoire is one of the most beautiful villages in France. With it’s well kept 14th century houses and stunning floral displays in the streets you can certainly see why.
5. The Nakasendo Highway – Japan
Walking along this street is like taking a step back in time. This historic road was built in the 17th century and many parts of the street remain in their original form. It is a magical place on earth and you can still read the Shogun’s old edicts upon the entrance into town.
6. Rua Goncalo de Carvalho – Porto Alegre, Brazil
This street sits in the shade of over a hundred Rosewood trees. They were planted in 1930 and have transformed this urban street into a magical place. it has also become a Heritage Environment site to prevent the trees from being cut down.
7. Shanghai Highways – Shanghai, China
These intertwining highways might not look like anything special during the day but at they they become an illuminated sensation. A walk along this street is like a step into the future.
8. Spello – Umbria, Italy
This picturesque village is perfect for a romantic stroll. With it’s narrow streets and fragrant flowers you will certainly want to return here again and again.
9. Old San Juan – Puerto Rico
Old San Juan was settled during the 16th century and is Puerto Rico’s the oldest town. Many of the buildings date back to this era and feature vibrant colors.
10. Avenue of the Baobabs – Menabe, Madagascar
This dirt road connects Morondava and Belon’i Tsiribihina and features the bizarre giant Baobabs trees. While it may not be the desired destination of many it is certainly an amazing experience to walk this street.
MORE TRAVEL RELATED STORIES YOU MAY FIND INTERESTING:
– 10 Luxury Hotels Used In James Bond Movies
– 10 Breathtaking Places Around The World You Must Visit Before You Die
– 20 Most Beautiful Swimming pools To Swim In Before You Die
– Top 10 Best Places To Go Shopping In The World